cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to cancel a subscription but can't access old email

I want to cancel a subscription but can't access old email

LetsDesign
Explorer | Level 3

I have a few dropbox accounts, currently signed into one of them. I am unable to sign into my other dropbox account as the email address is from an old employee, I no longer have access to it. I have the password but it is requesting a 6 digit code in which I can not access. How can I do this without having access to the email address? I have an invoice from dropbox showing the Premium monthly charge as proof that it is my account. 

29 Replies 29

tscheinblum
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks, I submitted a request on there, hopefully that works!

tscheinblum
Explorer | Level 4
Hi Rich, I submitted the help request on Monday following your instructions but still haven't received a response. Is there another way to get in touch with customer support? Thank you.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @tscheinblum - did you get  a ticket ID by any chance?

If so, please share it with us here so that we can look it up in our system. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

tscheinblum
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Walter, no ticket number is given when submitting through the help site following Rich's instructions. I just tried it again to double check. I did provide my email associated with this profile and my work email I can no longer access [personal information removed per the Community's Guidelines] in the submissions in case you can search for it that way? Thanks.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

I was able to find two tickets in our system that are associated with the email address on your Community profile. Do you have access to that email address @tscheinblum ?

If so, you can look in your inbox for your tickets and if you can't find them, check your spam/junk folder as well.

If you still can't find your tickets, let me know here and I'll send you an email from my end to investigate further. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

tscheinblum
Explorer | Level 4
Hi Walter, I have access to the Gmail account, which is what I'm using to sign into the community profile. I don't see any emails from Dropbox concerning the tickets though. Also checked junk. Thanks!

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the update @tscheinblum 

I've just sent you an email to the email address that's linked to your profile here on our Community.

Could you have a look at your inbox for my message now?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Kdstewart
New member | Level 2
I am being charged on an account associated with an old job email that I can’t access. I am unable to login be use it sends an access code to that email which I have no way of getting. Help

Rich
Super User II

@Kdstewart wrote:
I am being charged on an account associated with an old job email that I can’t access. I am unable to login be use it sends an access code to that email which I have no way of getting.

You can try contacting Support, but without access to the email account you may not be able to gain access to the Dropbox account. You need to maintain an active email address on your account so you can receive password resets and one-time security codes used during sign in.

To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox address, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

If you're unable to gain access to the account, Support will at least be able to cancel any future payments if the account is on a paid subscription.

NeolaMace
Explorer | Level 4
I was a user of a business account at Seismic. When someone else left the company, I paid the subscription with my credit card and was reimbursed by Seismic. I have not worked there since 2020 and I do not have access to that email account and I keep getting charged for the account. Please help! Thanks.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    helpmeplease08 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?