cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I try to cancel my Dropbox trial, but I get an error it's already cancelled. How can I confirm?

I try to cancel my Dropbox trial, but I get an error it's already cancelled. How can I confirm?

gelilazeudu
New member | Level 2

My Dropbox Essentials free trial ends on September 24 (in less than 3 days) so I am trying to cancel before getting charged. When I go to manage account, then subscriptions, I follow the prompts to cancel the trial and select provided my reason for cancelling. Then a red pop-up appears saying I have already cancelled my trial-- which is confusing since my subscriptions page still says I am on the Dropbox Essentials trial.

I have not received any confirmation email stating I've cancelled my free trial, so I am worried I will still be charged. If the cancel did actually go through on my end, I would expect to see Dropbox Basic instead of Essentials on my subscription page and receive a confirmation email... Please confirm whether I successfully cancelled my free trial. Thank you! 

2 Replies 2

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting this on our forum, @gelilazeudu

Please keep in mind that this is a public forum and we don't have any visibility over your Dropbox account, so we can't really check this on our end. We can still further help, though.

Have you also checked the spam folder of your email address for the confirmation email? 

If not, please try to cancel your trial once again via another browser and send me a screenshot of the error message you’re getting. 

Keep me posted for any updates.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

abuislam5
Explorer | Level 4
It sounds like a frustrating situation! To confirm your cancellation, try checking your account settings again after a little while or logging out and back in. If you still see the trial active, reach out to Dropbox support directly for clarification. They should be able to verify your cancellation status and provide the confirmation you need. Good luck!
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

abuislam5 Explorer | Level 4
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?