cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm paying for a Dropbox subscription, but there are files missing from my account.

I'm paying for a Dropbox subscription, but there are files missing from my account.

Adrienne8
New member | Level 2

I paid AUD30 dollars a month to keep photos, documents and videos of my departed father safe. The money was automatically deducted. I went to my Dropbox account and in horror found it was 2G plan with a few photos, videos and documents. I checked my bank and last deduction of was in July this year. What on EARTH is going on and where are my files on my father???? I tried to use contact email or chat but Dropbox doesn't allow this for 2G subscribers. I AM FURIOUS and so frustrated I can't reach their support team. 😤 😪😪

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Adrienne8 - sorry to hear about this. 

Is it possible that you have another Dropbox account, associated with a different email address of yours perhaps?

Could you maybe use the self-served look-up tool to find the email address that's linked to the charge you mentioned? 

Let us know more and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Adriienne888
Explorer | Level 3

I have found the account and it says I have 3T. But there's hardly any files in it. 
[removed per Community Guidelines]

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

@Adriienne888, did you check your Deleted files and Events page? Is there any trace of your missing files there? 

Apart from that, how were these files uploaded to Dropbox in the first place? Did you use the desktop app, by any chance? 

Let me know and we’ll go from there.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Adriienne888
Explorer | Level 3

Nothing there. All I did was upload ages ago from my PC. 
removed

Can yiu not check history from your end?

Mark
Super User II

@Adriienne888 wrote:
Nothing there. All I did was upload ages ago from my PC.
<snip>
Can yiu not check history from your end?

It is almost certain you've uploaded to the wrong account. If the one you are using says 2GB and the one you have found using the look up says 3TB you have two accounts and are logged in and using the wrong one, 

You can check it all yourself at www.dropbox.com/events

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Adriienne888 Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?