cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm being charged monthly even though I don't have a paid plan.

I'm being charged monthly even though I don't have a paid plan.

DAYTONTANK
New member | Level 2

I have a BASIC plan which I believe is free and yet I've been being charged a monthly fee for a basic plan since 2019. I've tried to delete my account and delete the credit card on file (there is no credit card on file for months now and yet I'm still being charged monthly). This is very frustrating. When I try to "Look up a credit or debit card purchase" after telling the auto chat my issue...I just keep getting error messages that I need to keep re inputing my last four digits and expiration date and the page goes no where. I really want these charges to stop because I'm wasting so much money and it makes it so difficult that dropbox doesn't offer a customer service phone number to talk to an actual person. PLEASE HELP!!!

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@DAYTONTANK wrote:

I have a BASIC plan which I believe is free and yet I've been being charged a monthly fee for a basic plan since 2019.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?