cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have upgraded my storage plan l and yet am still being told that I need to upgrade.

I have upgraded my storage plan l and yet am still being told that I need to upgrade.

julie52
Explorer | Level 3

I have upgraded my storage plan to a 2TB under my Gmail address. I am still receiving messages under my other email address to say that I need to upgrade. I have made 3 payments from PayPal and yet am still being told that I need to upgrade to a bigger plan. This is doing my head in…….I live in Australia and this inability to talk to someone is very frustrating.                          Pay in 4 Plan reference
[Removed as per Community Guidelines]

This is my PayPal reference number. 
can someone help me please, I am so confused. Should I just unsubscribe from my other email address and just leave the gmail address as my true stat

5 Replies 5

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey there, @julie52, welcome to our Community! 

Let me make sure that we are on the same page here: it seems you have a paid 2TB account under your email address, however you keep receiving messages to your other email address, asking you to upgrade. 

Is the Dropbox account linked to the second email address a paid one? You can check the account's plan page -provided that you have access to the account- and check. Let me know more. 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

julie52
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Megan.

Dropbox Basic
  • 2 GB of cloud storage
  • All files live locally
  • Sync across only 3 devices

This is my current plan with the other email address……I don’t know where to go from here. Thanks again Julie

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @julie52, just to clarify, you're receiving emails about your quota on the account that isn't paid, is that correct?

Have you tried moving files from the Basic account to the paid one by using a shared folder?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

julie52
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks so much for responding. 🙏 Yes, that is correct, the emails are about the basic unpaid plan, not the upgrade to T2 on the other email.

Can you please explain how I do the transfer from one to another? And in PLAIN ENGLISH please as I am not very tech savvy……lol 👏👏😵💫🤗:australia:

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @julie52, if you keep receiving messages to the Basic account of yours, you'd need to either free-up some space, or upgrade. 

These emails are usually a warning about the account's quota.

As for moving files between accounts, feel free to have a look here, and let me know if you have any questions. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    julie52 Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?