cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropbox contact

How can I get a refund for a payment?

Eatsmartsup
New member | Level 2

How I can refundable my payment I did many of request and your team that are not given accurate answers

52 Replies 52

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox sends email reminders but sometimes end up in spam. 

You need to contact Support and ask for help: www.dropbox.com/support. Note that they only work Monday through Friday. 

Help info: https://help.dropbox.com/plans/refund

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

JPJ522
New member | Level 2

Hello, I was told by a support agent named Melissa that I would receive a full refund of the money taken out for a subscription that was supposed to be canceled. This did not happen yet. I've checked my bank account recently after waiting all week and I still haven't received a full refund like I was promised. I'm in desperate need of the money now. Added to this, my card number might be out of date on the account so I will need help knowing how to update my information. This is very stressful. Can someone help me? 

Mark
Super User II

Refunds can take 5 or so working days, so, when were you told you'd get it? 

You will need to contact support again I'm afraid to ask for help - you should be able to reply back to the email messages you got about it. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Helen DBX
Dropbox Staff

Hello there, 

Helen from Dropbox here.

My colleague Casey, has reached out to you today with an update on your ticket no. 22946452 regarding your refund. 

Thank you for your patience during this process and have a lovely day.

Best regards,
Helen 
The Dropbox Team

XhloeDavis
New member | Level 2

hey guys, does anyone know if dropbox has a number i can contact? i've just had a massive bill taken out and im super poor and need to pay my rent in two days and i didn't mean for this to happen as i'm not using dropbox.  😞 thanks so much

AR_23
New member | Level 2

Hello. 

I paid for the renewal of 2 Dropbox Plus subscriptions (accounts with different users), using a single VISA card (the same card, therefore).

However, the amount of 3 paid subscriptions appears deducted from my bank account debits.

Is it possible to unblock this issue, please? How can I recover the amount of the overpaid subscription?

Waiting feedback.

Thanks.

Mark
Super User II

You will need to contact support at www.dropbox.com/support and ask for assistance. 

Mark
Super User II

All support options are at www.dropbox.com/support.

It sounds like you have used a trial and not then cancelled it. So, you need to try and ask for a refund although note that they usually only do so where legally required. 

AR_23
New member | Level 2

Thanks for the tip, Mark. Turning to support is not easy. There are print requests that have already been sent, the staff shows difficulty in finding apparently simple information, the resolution of the problem is delayed... It becomes desperate to demonstrate that there was a billing error (and, above all, to recover an amount that was charged to more). What a disappointing experience, DROPBOX...

AR_23
New member | Level 2

No. Dropbox Plus. Accounts created (and paid) a few years ago. But, this year, with a bonus: one of the accounts was double invoiced. As simple as that.

Need more support?