cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple charges/month, no refund on my credit card and account downgraded

How can I get a refund for a payment?

Eatsmartsup
New member | Level 2

How I can refundable my payment I did many of request and your team that are not given accurate answers

52 Replies 52

gherbosa
Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Rhian jones, sorry to hear about that! 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR ATTENTION RHIAN JONES

Do you have access to the account the funds were taken from?

YES

If so, have you tried contacting Support, in order for them to assist further with this, and check how they can help? 

YES I TRIED. I CAN SUPPLY A LOT OF EMAIL MESSAGES AND CHATS STARTING 28/JULY/2023. Tíquet #22460269: Chat de asistencia para Dropbox.

IN SHORT SUPPORT DROPBOX SAID: "Since the subscription was contracted through the application on your phone, we cannot track accounts that are purchased through that means."

BEST 

Gabriel

PS I acknowledge any help with this

Mark
Super User II

This is a public forum I'm afraid. For account issues you need to contact support at www.dropbox.com/support 

https://help.dropbox.com/plans/refund

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Mark
Super User II

@gherbosa 

As the message says I'm afraid you need to contact Apple or GooglePlay stores if you purchased through those systems. Dropbox does not have access to the payment/refund systems of those methods. They simply get a 'flag' to say you've paid and upgrade account.

Nobody here, or at Dropbox, can help

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

RubbieG
New member | Level 2

I was charged on July 27, 2023 at $199.00 for a renewal of my Drop Box account.  I went on line in August and canceled this account, because I haven't used Drop Box since July 2022 when I signed up.  I have been trying to identify how to get a refund for the canceled account.  Please help me get a refund for the unused portion of the subscription that has been canceled.  I would appreciate an email confirming that the account is canceled and that a refund is due.

Rubbie [email removed as per Community Guidelines

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @RubbieG, welcome to our Community! 

Keep in mind that posting such personal info on a public forum, is rather dangerous, and it also goes against the Community's guidelines. 

As for the refund request: You'll need to contact our Support team directly. 

Feel free to visit the Support page while you're signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Once you do, share it with us here so that we can look it up in our system as well.

Thanks a bunch! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

donghyun kim
New member | Level 2

On September 29, 2023, automatic payment was made with the annual plan.  The total payment is $119.88.

With the annual plan renewal, my usage period will be from 2023-09-29 to 2024-09-29.

The drop box has been discontinued, so we request a refund for the annual plan. If the full refund is not possible, I would like a partial refund for the remaining expiration date.

I'll be waiting for the reply. Have a nice day.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @donghyun kim, let's jump right into this!

Have you tried contacting our Support team directly?

You can visit the Support page while you're not signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Once you do, feel free to send me the ticket number reference, in order for me to locate it on my end.

Let me know more! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

kurakensama
New member | Level 2

Dears: this last month my subscription was charged 15 times, with 14 (unsuccessful) attempted refunds. These refunds doesn't appear on my Visa so this month I'm paying 15 times the agreed plan. Paypal requested a refund on Dropbox and Dropbox, then downgraded my accoutn to basic. So, this month I'm paying to Dropbox more than $USD 150 and left without service.

Nobody is taking this seriously. Dropbox charged me as a serial fraud machine and processes n-1 refunds. Paypal took such refunds and "said" they processed them. Such refunds never arrived to my Visa account. And as a final straw, Dropbox downgraded my account. Be serious. You messed it up, you fix it.

Rich
Super User II

@kurakensama wrote:

Dears: this last month my subscription was charged 15 times, with 14 (unsuccessful) attempted refunds. These refunds doesn't appear on my Visa so this month I'm paying 15 times the agreed plan.

You need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

FrustratedMax
New member | Level 2

I was charged AUD306.90 today by Dropbox. I may have signed up for a free trial (don't actually recall) but that aside, I did not receive advance notification that my credit card would be charged unless I (a) cancelled and did not proceed with the subscription or (b) agreed and accepted the charge.  I honestly have no recollection of providing my credit card details but I must have some time ago. I don't use Dropbox as the system administrator could attest if they checked my account. Furthermore, I have never been charged before. 

I would like to cancel my supposed subscription and have the charge refunded as billing by stealth is unethical and quite possibly contravenes consumer law in that Dropbox failed to notify me to obtain my consent before processing the charge. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been caught out this way.

As others have noted there is zero human customer support, which only adds to the frustration! Any assistance would be appreciated.

Need more support?