cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Deceit Paying subscription to Dropbox Plus through Apple-iTunes

How can I get a refund for a payment?

Eatsmartsup
New member | Level 2

How I can refundable my payment I did many of request and your team that are not given accurate answers

52 Replies 52

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Gidgette, can I send you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @gherbosa, let's jump right into this! 

To make sure I'm on the same page as you are, since the message contained a lot of info, and was quite lengthy: was the annual charge coming from Dropbox directly, or Apple? 

You can check your bank reference, to see what it says. It sounds like it's coming from Apple's end, since they refused to provide it the second time around, am I right?

Also, you mentioned that the annual charge was linked to an account that doesn't exist. Is it possible, that the account was newly-created using your iCloud credentials when you chose to upgrade? Have you tried signing into the account once Apple informed you where the charge is coming from? 

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Gidgette
Explorer | Level 3

Yes please

[email removed as per Community Guidelines]

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Gidgette, I just sent you an email, see you there.

Cheers!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

gherbosa
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Megan

Please find the answers embedded in your message below

Hi @gherbosa, let's jump right into this! 

To make sure I'm on the same page as you are, since the message contained a lot of info, and was quite lengthy: was the annual charge coming from Dropbox directly, or Apple? 

THE CHARGE IS CURRENTLY COMING FROM APPLE ITUNES. I USE DROPBOX SINCE TEN YEARS AGO OR MORE. AT THE BEGINNING I PAID DIRECTLY TO DROPBOX. SOME TIME YEARS AGO I UPGRADED TO DROPBOX PLUS. I DO NOT REMEMBER WHEN PAYMENTS CHANGE FROM DROPBOX TO APPLE ITUNES. 

You can check your bank reference, to see what it says. It sounds like it's coming from Apple's end, since they refused to provide it the second time around, am I right?

YOU ARE RIGHT

Also, you mentioned that the annual charge was linked to an account that doesn't exist. Is it possible, that the account was newly-created using your iCloud credentials when you chose to upgrade? WHEN I ACCEPTED THE OFFER TO PAY ANNUALLY INSTEAD OF MONTHLY I THOUGHT I WAS TALKING ABOUT MY UNIQUE ACCOUNT WITH DROPOBOX I.E. [removed]. IN FACT MONTHLY PAYMENTS WERE FOR THIS ACCOUNT AS STATED IN THE INVOICES. THIS IS WHY THE CHANGE MONTHLY TO ANNUAL PAYMENT WAS EXPECTED FOR [removed].

Have you tried signing into the account once Apple informed you where the charge is coming from? 

YES. I HAVE TRIED TO SIGN [removed] and the system answer "we have not found this account, you have to create a new account".

APPLE DID NOT INFORMED ME BUT I DEDUCED FORM THE TELEPHONE TALKS WITH AN APPLE AGENT THAT I SHOULD CREATE IN DROPBOX THE ACCOUNT [removed] TO GET THE ACCES TO THE PLAN DROPBOX PLUS.

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there! 

I AM DROPBOX PLUS USER in the account [removed] with anual payment of 119,99€ charged in my card last 17 of august 2023.

I AM CLAIMING REFUND of the 119,99€ charged in the SAME card last 1st of July 2023. According to information received through phone calls with apple agent this 119,99€ corresponds to the change of monthly to anual subscription to Dropbox Plus but to which Dropbox account corresponds the CHANGE FROM MONTHLY TO ANUAL PAYMENT ?

PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE ENOUGH MEMORY WITH THE 2 TB IN THE CLOUD [removed]

PLEASE HELP ME TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.

IN MY OPINION THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN PROVOKED BY APPLE-ITUNES OFFERING CHANGE THE PAYMENT FROM MONTHLY TO ANUAL BUT THIS CHANGE WAS NOT FOR THE ACCOUNT THAT WAS PAYING THE MONTHLY FARE.

[personal info removed per the Dropbox Community Guidelines]

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks @gherbosa for the additional info.

Since the payment was made through Apple, Dropbox is not authorized to provide refunds for those payments, so I would suggest reaching out to them once again, regarding your request.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

lovebutterflies
Explorer | Level 4

DropBox is STEALING my money!! I canceled TWICE and these MFS are still billing me! $12.71 per month! WTF?!!?! My bank can only refund me the charges in the past 90 days! 

I never even wanted Dropbox, it was purely for work for one month! And I unsubscribed As soon as possible! Now I learn I've lost over $100?!?!

Plus, can I just say what a crappy service DropBox is? These garbage people should be paying us to use this crappy thing! I hate it! Why tf did my client make me get this crap!?!?

Rhian jones
Explorer | Level 4
I tryed to cancel this ,because I didn't understand it they have taken 199 pounds from my PayPal, I am on benefits, because I am ill with Crohns and Rheumatoid arthritis, how can I have a refund, I have only 29 pounds to live on know ,making me so depressed because of this

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Rhian jones, sorry to hear about that! 

Do you have access to the account the funds were taken from? If so, have you tried contacting Support, in order for them to assist further with this, and check how they can help? 

Keep me posted! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

wendykg
New member | Level 2

Hello team

I've recently had an automatic payment deducted from my bank account for a subscription to Dropbox.

In all honesty, I had completely forgotten I had the subscription as I never use the product, and I have since cancelled it.

Is there any hope of getting my payment refunded? I accept it's my responsibility, but I had no email or invoice to remind me that this was coming due, and it is a significant amount to me. We also lost our son last year, so I've not been as on top of things as I usually am.

The Transaction ID is removed for the amount of $184.67.

I'd be etremely grateful for any help you can offer.

Kind regards

Wendy Goulden

Need more support?