cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deceit Paying subscription to Dropbox Plus through Apple-iTunes

How can I get a refund for a payment?

Eatsmartsup
New member | Level 2

How I can refundable my payment I did many of request and your team that are not given accurate answers

52 Replies 52

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @Eatsmartsup, thanks for posting on our Community and sorry to hear about this.

Do you happen to have a ticket ID for your interactions with our support team perhaps?

If so, you can share it with us here so that we can look it up in our system as well.

Otherwise, please elaborate on the issue you're having so that we can assist further.

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Rich
Super User II

@Eatsmartsup wrote:
How I can refundable my payment ...

Typically, payments for Dropbox subscriptions are non-refundable.

I did many of request and your team that are not given accurate answers

You've submitted a ticket with Support? If so, reply here with your ticket number and a Dropboxer may be able to look into it.

Gidgette
Explorer | Level 3

It is impossible to get hold of anyone. I have been charged over ZAR 4000-00 for a subscription I never even wanted. This is not the first time. Please |I urgently need assistance with this. That is a lot of money

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Gidgette, let's jump right into this! 

Have you tried to contact Dropbox Support directly for this? 

You can visit the Support page while you're not signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Once you do, feel free to send me the ticket number reference, in order for me to locate it on my end. 

Let me know more! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Gidgette
Explorer | Level 3

Hi there

Thanks Megan but I still am having any luck using your website. This is the transaction I am talking about. When I go to billing, it says no billing and activity so then why has this huge amount been taken by Dropbox. Please I need this to be refunded immediately

Thank you

Gidgette_0-169277496048edit8.jpg

Gidgette
Explorer | Level 3

Same problem. Has it been sorted out?

Mark
Super User II

@Gidgette thats for a Dropbox business plan 

I assume at some point you've set up a trial of it and not cancelled in time. If you do not see a plan on your current log on you need to log in to the account you upgraded and seek support from there. With that plan you will have phone and webchat support so you can utilise that - once logged in to the right account. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

gherbosa
Explorer | Level 4

It is unacceptable the inhibition of Dropbox with regard to subscriptions paid through Apple- iTunes.

Apple-iTunes is using ilegal commercial techniques. I have claimed refund of 119,99€ both to Dropbox and to Apple -iTunes without  positive answer.

Thus, I have sent a complaint to EUROPEAN CONSUMER CENTER as required as a previous step to a judicial claim.

Follows the report of the facts as sent to Apple-iTunes with no answer at the moment.

1. I had and have a Dropbox account ([removed]) since ten years ago or more.
2. Some time, 4 or 5 years ago, I downloaded the app Dropbox in my iPhone 7 and I reach my dropbox cloud frequently.
3. Since that time, the dropbox account was Dropbox Plus with monthly payments of 11,99€
4. At the end of 2022, using the app Dropbox in the iPhone 7 the following message emerged:
If you need translation to Spanish of this message, please go to any traductor on-line.gherbosa_0-1692788699985.png

5. The message offers a change to anual plan but Apple-iTunes look for TWO CHANGES. The second change was not announced but means that the account in dropbox must CHANGE from [removed] to [removed]. I did not realize at that moment and I accepted the offer “changing form monthly to annual payment”, but thinking that the offer was for [removed] that was the only dropbox account that I had at that moment, and the only that currently exists. 
6. Starting 2023 I realize in my bank account two payments, one for the monthly [removed] subscription (11,99€) and one for the annual subscription (119,99€) to an account that DOES NOT EXIST but iTunes-Apple pretend to be applied to a new account in dropbox expected to be [removed], the email address that I use with purchases of apple products. Then, I claimed by phone and I got the refund of 119,99€ of the anual suscripción.
7. The early months of 2023 I paid the monthly invoices for [removed] for the Dropbox Plus plan and everything was ok working with my cloud.
8. The first of July 2023, Apple-iTunes send again the offer indicated in point 4 and once again I made a mistake trying to save money. But note that the offer appears when I use dropbox in the iPhone and the offer does not say that I have to open a new account in Dropbox. I ask myself, to the mind of Apple what Dropbox account is paying the monthly quote of 11,99€??. Obviously the account [removed] as stated in the receipt of the 11,99€ because DOES NOT EXIST  DROPBOX ACCOUNT [removed]. When I realized that I was paying again the monthly subscription of [removed] and the anual suscripción of a dropbox account that DOES NOT EXIST, I claimed the refund but now the phone answer was NOT because it was refunded previously.
9 Why has apple-tunes the right to offer again “change to an anual plan” knowing that there’s not monthly payments to [removed] because does not exist and I have not the right to made a mistake again trying to save money?. In my opinon this is a malicious behavior of apple-tunes trying to induce such mistake.
10. I kept many phone calls with apple during July 2023; after that calls I was able to understand the problem as explained above. The wish of apple-tunes to change my account [removed] for a new account [removed] was clear in the last phone conversation with Apple, the agent said,
a) it is impossible to refund the 119,99€ paid by an anual suscripción to Dorpbox Plus of an account [removed] although such account DOES NOT EXIST in dropbox.
b) I must open a new account named [removed] in dropbox. The claimed 119,99€ will be applied to these new account.
c) Transfer the content in dropbox [removed] to the new open account [removed]
d) Cancel the account [removed] in Dropbox
11. Of course I will not open a new account in dropbox (the account [removed] that does not exist and, consequently, no monthly payments to change to annual exist). I will not cancel my historic account [removed] in dropbox. My only wish is to get a refund of the 119,99€ paid by an annual subscription to a Dropbox account that DOES NOT EXIST. The payment of 119,99€ was done to apply the the [removed] and no to a new and still unopened account that does not exist. The claimed refund corresponds to a  payment that's only the result of deceit and the commercial strategic bad arts of Apple-iTunes.
12. I do not need more storage in the cloud that the I have through [removed] in the dropbox.

PLEASE DO NOT INVITE ME AGAIN TO CHANGE MONTHLY TO ANUAL PAYMENTS IN OTHER ACCOUNTS THAT [removed].

Sincerely

[personal information removed per the Community's Guidelines]

Gidgette
Explorer | Level 3

I have no idea where to find that. |It says no subscriptions?

Need more support?