cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I cancel and get a refund?

How can I cancel and get a refund?

joyanisa74
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please help!  I was charged just shy of $200 on a DropBox acct that I did not know was there.  Please help me cancel and get the refund

497 Replies 497

Guillermo 1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Quiero el reembolso de mi cobro por subir de categoría, me hicieron el cargo antes de terminar mi fecha limite, el día termina a las 23:59 y el cargo me lo hicieron efectivo a las 20:20, 3 horas 39 minutos antes de mi tiempo limite, no quiero el servicio, ya cancele la subscripción a 3TB.

Intente con mi banco pedir el reembolso pero por la hora no me contestan, solo quiero reiterar que no quiero el servicio de subir de categoría en DropBox.

Quedo atento a su respuesta favorable a mi reembolso. 

I want a refund of my charge for upgrading, they charged me before the end of my deadline, the day ends at 11:59 p.m. and the charge was made effective at 8:20 p.m., 3 hours 39 minutes before my time limit, I don't want the service, I already canceled the 3TB subscription.

I tried with my bank to request a refund but they don't answer me for the hour, I just want to reiterate that I don't want the DropBox upgrade service.

I look forward to your favorable response to my refund.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Guillermo 1 wrote:

... they charged me before the end of my deadline, the day ends at 11:59 p.m. and the charge was made effective at 8:20 p.m., 3 hours 39 minutes before my time limit

With nearly all subscription services, you need to cancel before the last day. If you wait until the last day, the fee is already in the system and will be processed.

Con casi todos los servicios de suscripción, debe cancelar antes del último día. Si espera hasta el último día, la tarifa ya está en el sistema y será procesada.

I want a refund of my charge for upgrading ...

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Deberá comunicarse directamente con el soporte de Dropbox. Visite la página de soporte mientras no registre una cuenta de Dropbox, incluidos estos foros, y verá una opción para los problemas de facturación. Es mejor usar una sesión de navegación de incógnito o privada para asegurarse de que no se haya registrado.

Joe King
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

ID like to bring to your attention this fraudulent activity as I have not purchase this product but you have build it to me after I cancelled my FREE plan 4 weeks ago or longer, I require the funds to be transferred back immediately

Calvin2DBX
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Joe King,

Thanks for raising this!

I've moved your post here where others have outlined steps that will help you get to the bottom of this.

If there was a problem with cancelling in time, you'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly.

In case you don't see chat or email support options when signed into your account, please use a Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in (including to these Community pages.)

When not signed in at all, you'll see an option for Billing issues here: https://www.dropbox.com/support/billing-issues — use the drop down menu to select "Other", and you can open a ticket on the email address associated with the account.

One of our support team will take it from there.

Hope that helps!

Calvin
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Scotto212121
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Just a few hours ago, I thought I was trying the 30 day free trial.  I just got an email saying that I was charged $101.90 for a year.  I only gave my CC information, because I thought they needed it for the free 30 day trial.  I would super appreciate getting that $101.90 refunded if possible, or finding out how to do so without filing a complaint with my credit card company (Bank of America).  Thanks in advance,  Scott

Receipt ID: XXXXXXXXXXX

Invoice ID: YYYYYYYYYY

(Edited by moderator to remove personally identifiable information per Dropbox Community Guidelines)

Calvin2DBX
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Scotto212121,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

It sounds like you miss-clicked when trying to opt between a trial and paying now.

We can get to the charge details if you reach out via the support channels here:  https://www.dropbox.com/support — one of our support team agents can then look into it, just in case there's anything they can do.

If you have any trouble opening a support ticket from there, let me know!

Calvin
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

JuliaPeres
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Goodnight. Can someone help me? I bought a Dropbox plan today and I didn't realize that the amount charged is in dollars. I asked for a cancellation, but they never offered a refund. I really don't have that amount to pay. I'm desperate.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @JuliaPeres, sorry to hear about this.

If you cancelled your subscription upon renewal, you should still be on a paid account, so I would suggest reaching out to our support team.

They can look into this for you directly.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

vvilar
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi there,

We've been charged for an annual personal subscription of Dropbox.

The help you provide to a case like ours is close to nothing. The chatbot can't identify the transaction. Your tool doesn't recognize the transaction. Ayden just confirmed me that it's a Dropbox charge. As a last resort you ask me to fill a Billing Help Request but the form asks me which account am I reffering to.

I don't know which account charged us because we don't have an account!!!!!!!!!! Are we in a Kafka novel?!

I've lost hours of my work day trying to get to the bottom of this and contacting the community is the last thing I'm doing.

If I don't get an answer I'll just declare it as a fraud to our bank, ask for a refund and fill the papers to blacklist Dropbox/Ayden payments for the future.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @vvilar, sorry to hear about that! 

Can I send you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this? 

Keep me posted! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    JohanVenter Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?