cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I cancel and get a refund?

How can I cancel and get a refund?

joyanisa74
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please help!  I was charged just shy of $200 on a DropBox acct that I did not know was there.  Please help me cancel and get the refund

497 Replies 497

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@8431 wrote:

So I downgraded my Dropbox account today hoping to received a refund for 6 months of subscription that I won't need/use but no luck.

Payments for Dropbox subscriptions aren’t refundable. You can downgrade your account which will cancel any future billing, but you will retain your account benefits until the end of your current billing cycle, at which time your account will change back to the Basic plan.

missie1208
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Dropbox charged me 119 today for a renewal. I cancelled my subscription months ago. I looked in both Google and Apple stores and I have no open subscription for Dropbox. I was unable to chat with a rep because your system says I don't have a paid plan. My bank will not issue a refund unless I cancel out my debit card completely and get a new number. Please help. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @missie1208, thanks for reaching out to us.

It sounds like you're probably signed into a free account and not your paid one.

You can use our lookup tool here to find out the email address of the paid account.

Once you sign in, you should be able to cancel it yourself, or contact our support team.

I hope this helps.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

missie1208
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi, Hannah,

I'm getting the "cannot locate transaction, please submit billing help request" message. 

M

missie1208
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I also searched for any dropbox emails I've received in the past year and they are all for the same email I signed in with. I cancelled this long ago and just want a refund. Thanks.

New member | Level 2
Go to solution

What you provide is basically cloud storage. When the customer no longer needs it, you should refund the difference of their prepayment on a prorated basis. I don't mind paying a small penalty for cancelling the annual subscription. Your current policy is not fair.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@8431 wrote:

What you provide is basically cloud storage. When the customer no longer needs it, you should refund the difference of their prepayment on a prorated basis. I don't mind paying a small penalty for cancelling the annual subscription. Your current policy is not fair.

It is the policy for most, if not all, companies however. You are given a choice to pay monthly and thus have this flexibility if you want it OR pay yearly and save 2 months worth of fees.

What I will say, however, is make sure you tell Dropbox to NOT renew or it will automatically in 6 months time 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @missie1208, can we send you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

missie1208
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Yes, please! 

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I just sent you an email, I'll see you there @missie1208!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    JohanVenter Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?