cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I want to cancel my Dropbox Sign subscription and get a refund for my payment

How can I cancel and get a refund?

joyanisa74
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please help!  I was charged just shy of $200 on a DropBox acct that I did not know was there.  Please help me cancel and get the refund

497 Replies 497

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Yichenw! Just a clarification, would you like to be refunded for a Dropbox subscription, or for a Dropbox Sign plan instead? Which one of the two do you see next to your charges in your bank statement?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Yichenw
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Nancy,

I am not sure. I did not see either the label "Dropbox subscription", or "Dropbox Sign plan" in my bank statement. But the money was charged by "Dropbox - followed by a series of numbers and letters". I was charged for $127.37 in total on July 2. Thanks! 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks Yichen! I just logged a new ticket for you. 

Please reply back to me, when you get the chance, and we’ll have a look.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

janjilawoffice
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello all,

I tried to cancel our subscription a few days prior to the one-month free trial date. However, there were no options to cancel. I spoke to the Dropbox Chat to request a cancellation--however, it advised that our plan was a "basic" plan and therefore no charges were going to be made (I saved this chat, by the way). We also never used the Dropbox after we signed up. 

However, I noticed a $199.99 charge on our credit card statement. I tried to get the speak to the Dropbox Chat but I was unable to resolve this issue. Please advise how I can get in contact with Dropbox for a refund. Thank you!

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear about this, @janjilawoffice.

Is it possible that you're signed in to a different account, that's why you can't see the subscription?

Also, you mentioned that the payment went to your credit card; can you use our lookup tool, to find the email address associated with the paid account?

Let me know if you can sign in to it, to contact our support team about your request.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Shavonne0124
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I deleted my account but money is still being withdrawn from my account. Please help me get rid of this subscription and get a refund.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Shavonne0124 wrote:

I deleted my account but money is still being withdrawn from my account. Please help me get rid of this subscription and get a refund.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

k3u_alex
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I was told by a member of the support team that i would get a refund for an annual subscription i was charged but canceled last year and my bank said they dont see any incoming deposits

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@k3u_alex wrote:
I was told by a member of the support team that i would get a refund for an annual subscription i was charged but canceled last year and my bank said they dont see any incoming deposits

When did you speak to Support? It usually takes 4-5 business days for a refund to appear at your bank. Do you have the ticket number from Support?

k3u_alex
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Yes! The ticket number is Ticket #22585628 and I spoke to them on the 25th of August

Need more support?