cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I want a refund

How can I cancel and get a refund?

joyanisa74
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please help!  I was charged just shy of $200 on a DropBox acct that I did not know was there.  Please help me cancel and get the refund

497 Replies 497

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@meganmoore, I’ve gone ahead and logged a ticket with this email address (since it’s tied to your Community profile).

Please get back to me, when you get the chance.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi from me as well, @jpark!

Unfortunately, we can't see any account info over here on the forum. If you've received a refund though for one of your charges, then you should only be billed for one account from now on. 

In case you receive double charges though in the next month, give us a nudge here and we'll investigate further.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

haniapik
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I want to request a refund for the 199 charge that has been made on my account. I would have never paid for a yearly plan as the plan was advertised as 19.99/month not 199 pounds as a one off payment. I have read the terms and conditions before signing but the billing information was designed in such a way that it changed it into a yearly plan even though I REMEMBER clicking it to be a monthly plan. I have sent an email to the company requesting a refund as this is clearly an intentional misleading of the customer. Your website is malfunctioning as I have never wanted it to be a yearly plan and I am surprised by this charge. 

I want my account downgraded with immediate effect and a refund issued otherwise I will be contacting my bank for a chargeback as this is clearly a mistake. 

Is there anything else I can do in the meantime?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Nobody can help here I'm afraid - this is a public forum, you need to wait for Dropbox to come back to you.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @haniapik, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Do you have the ticket ID from the automated email response when you contacted the support team?

This will help me to locate it on our system!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

haniapik
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Ticket #22455697

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the ticket ID, I've gone ahead and prioritized it on our system to expedite matters on your behalf.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

JackGee
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you for the link through which I can get some help. I am searching for it online and I am glad I found your post. While searching for it online, I also found https://fitmymoney.com/how-do-credit-cards-work/ website where I found an article on how do credit card works and how I can easily get it.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @JackGee, if you managed to submit a ticket, let us know the number, so that we can locate it on our system. 

Thanks! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Michele Warwas
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have been trying to cancel this for months.   This has been very frustrating and crazy.  I have submitted cancellation for this several times and I have chatted with someone and was told that this was just the basic plan and I was not being billed for it however I am still receiving emails stating that our dropbox account has been renewed for $134.32.  We have not used this service and still continue to be billed .   Dropbox just renewed again as of July 19, 2023.   I would like to request this be refunded to the card you have on file.    It also shows me that it will not be cancelled until August 19, 2023,  We need to cancel it today.  Dropbox creators make it very difficult to cancel your subscription. 

Need more support?