cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Refund

How can I cancel and get a refund?

joyanisa74
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please help!  I was charged just shy of $200 on a DropBox acct that I did not know was there.  Please help me cancel and get the refund

497 Replies 497

jpark
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am paying for my dropbox plus account through Apple and then a few days later my bank account is being charged by Dropbox for the same account. How is this possible, and can I PLEASE get refunded

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @jpark, sorry to hear about this.

Do you happen to have another Dropbox account, associated with another email address of yours perhaps?

If you use the self-served look up tool to identify the email address that's associated with the charge in your bank account, does it match with the one you see in your account's settings online and the one listed in the mobile app's settings?

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

meganmoore
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello, I am requesting a refund for the $199.00 charge that was made on my card, for a dropbox plan that I had already canceled the free trial to, before the charge should have been made. Please fix this error by making sure my cancellation was fully processed and the mistaken charges are fully refunded. Than you.

jpark
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have two accounts, one is basic/free with 1 email, which I downgraded it this last month. The other is a Plus account... This is weird tho, I just checked my icloud subscriptions, and it says that I was refunded the first charge but my account supposedly expires today now. I did not want to cancel my Plus account, I just want to not pay twice. Thanks for any help.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @meganmoore, I hope you’re doing well. 

First off, can you let me know if you upgraded your Dropbox account to a trial directly via www.dropbox.com or the App Store/Play Store? 

I’ll be able to guide you further, this way.

Let me know!

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @jpark, was the second payment made through Apple as well? Or was it a credit card charge?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

mae2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Last month, my trial plan ended and I all my files were removed. I chatted the support and promised that all my files will be recovered within 30 days right after I'll upgrade my plan. Now, I upgraded my plan and contacted support and told me I can't retrieve my files!! w*f.. I'm done with this!! Just please cancel my plan and refund me! and Please remove my cc details from this account.

That guy named Carlito in the chat support was rude!!!! Please fire him.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Please see https://help.dropbox.com/plans/refund 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

meganmoore
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for getting back to me. I believe I had signed up for the free trial through dropbox.com. There is so past trials or subscriptions listed under my apply account. Please let me know how I can move forward in the refund process, thank you!

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi again, @meganmoore

Is it OK then to reach out to the email address that shows here? Since this request is account-specific, we'll need to look into your Dropbox account directly.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?