cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can I get my money back?

How can I cancel and get a refund?

joyanisa74
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please help!  I was charged just shy of $200 on a DropBox acct that I did not know was there.  Please help me cancel and get the refund

497 Replies 497

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @baitboyz, sorry to hear about this.

Could you try using this form to contact our support team for further assistance?

Just make sure to use an incognito window without logging into any Dropbox account and fill in all the relevant details.

Once you do this and get a ticket ID from our system, you can share it with us so that we can look it up as well. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

jeepgirl16
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I also need a refund. Its crazy. I also need help.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @jeepgirl16, sorry to hear about this.

Did you try the steps I mentioned in my previous reply?

If so and you got a ticket from our system, please share its ID here with us so that we can look it up too.

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

jeepgirl16
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Yes I did and. Thank you and it's still not working. I never signed up for anything. So what do I do? Again I thank you 😊

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @jeepgirl16, can you please clarify what is not working? 

Did you receive an automated response with a ticket number after submitting the help request?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

tw1963
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello!

How many of you out there were conned into signing up for an account?  How many of you read their ads as "free" without picking up on the fact that Dropbox is no longer free?  I paid for a pro account and I don't even use this service.  Any advice as to how to get my money back, at least for the remainder of the year?  Thanks!

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @tw1963, thanks for posting on our Community.

Have you by any chance tried to get in contact with our Support team through this page as they'd be better equipped to help further?

If you did and got a ticket ID, you can share it with us here so that we can look it up in our system too.

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

R-Air
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello, I would like to know how can I get in touch with the support team. I do not have admin privileges and have downgraded my account to the basic plan. Our team no longer uses Dropbox but we continue to notice our accounts being charged. How can we get a refund and cancel the plan completely for all active members? I could not find any option to get in touch with the support team. Please help me as soon as possible as we have been billed for several months on unused accounts. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@R-Air wrote:

I would like to know how can I get in touch with the support team. ... Our team no longer uses Dropbox but we continue to notice our accounts being charged.

Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

R-Air
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello Rich, thank you for your prompt response. I was able to find the support page, however, I couldn't find a way to connect with the support personnel without signing in. There are several FAQs listed on the page but since I am not the admin, I cannot control other members subscription. Is there any way to get in touch with any support personnel? 

Need more support?