cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family plan vs Professional plan

Family plan vs Professional plan

4Dave
New member | Level 2

I can’t find the differences between the family vs professional plan. I currently have the professional plan but want my wife to be able to upload her pictures to her own “Camera Backup_wife” folder and I believe that is not doable unless I’m mistaken? I read that a family plan would allow her to do this but I can’t find a comparison of the plans and so I’m wondering if I would loss features switching from Professional to Family? Will I still have large file transfers? And unlimited devices?

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@4Dave wrote:
... want my wife to be able to upload her pictures to her own “Camera Backup_wife” folder ...

If you're sharing a single account (which is against the terms), no, that's not possible. Any device attached to your Professional plan will all upload to the same Camera Uploads folder. The Basic, Plus and Professional plans are all intended as individual accounts.

I can’t find the differences between the family vs professional plan.

Family is more closely related to the Plus plan. It has 2TB of space (to Professional's 3TB) and you would lose a few of the business-grade features, but gain the ability to add up to 5 additional users, each getting their own separate account and access to the shared Family Room folder. All members of the Family plan share the 2TB of space.

Will I still have large file transfers? And unlimited devices?

You'd still have unlimited devices (any paid plan does), but you'd lose large transfers. It would drop from 100GB to 2GB.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?