cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Plan Dropbox Standard: how does it work?

Business Plan Dropbox Standard: how does it work?

syafitriynr
New member | Level 2

I have a plan to upgrade my dropbox from personal to business, but i have a several questions:

1. How to operate the business plan? is it operated by an admin or anyone could operate it?

2. Employees who will be members, whether they have an account or don't have an account, how do they registered? by email or just a username?

3. If someone resigns, and the new employee will replace, the account email that registered before can be change with the new account or should be delete and make a new account?

4. If already have an account, how do we transfer data from individual plan to business plan?

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @syafitriynr, welcome to our Community! 

A Business plan, has a main contact point, for the entire Team which is the team admin, but anyone can use the account itself. 

What you will be able to do or don't -such as creating content, inviting people to the team folders etc.- it all depends on the team's settings, and preferences. 

Secondly, you can invite members to join, using their email address, not their username. 

You can always remove an old member from a team, and invite a new one, or update their info. Last but not least, there's no need to transfer files from your individual plan to Business if you don't want to.

You can choose to upgrade your personal account, into a Business one which will then move the files there, so you can keep everything at one place.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

syafitriynr
New member | Level 2

Hi, Megan. Thank you for your responses. I just want to make it clear. So, if we remove an old member team and add a new one, what will happen to the files that created by the old member? is it still available to access with the new member or other members? And how do we move the files that we already created in the personal account to business account?

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @syafitriynr, when removing a member you will be asked if you want to transfer this member’s file content to another team member. 

If you choose to go for this, then the files will be part of a Team, on a different member's account. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    syafitriynr New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?