cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to figure out how to use 'Download Your Data' by Google to move files to Dropbox

Trying to figure out how to use 'Download Your Data' by Google to move files to Dropbox

Elizabeth6939
New member | Level 2

I have used Google takeout to send files from Google photos to Dropbox. I have email from Google that export is complete and I can now download a copy of files in Dropbox. I have located the takeout files in Apps/ Google Download Your Data. They are all zip files.  I am confused - do they need to be donwloaded or are they already saved and I just need to extract the photos?   Appreciate any advice

2 Replies 2

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Elizabeth6939, thanks for joining the Dropbox Community!

You mentioned that you see the takeout files in "Apps>Google Download Your Data"; is that the Apps folder in your Dropbox account?

If that's the case, then the move/export should be complete and all you need to do is extract the files.

Let me know how it goes, or if I misunderstood, please give me some more info, so I can help you further.

Cheers!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Elizabeth6939
New member | Level 2

Excellent - that what I thought!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Elizabeth6939 New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?