cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Google Drive short cuts to existing documents in Dropbox

Saving Google Drive short cuts to existing documents in Dropbox

Lucy9996
Explorer | Level 3

I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right place but here goes....

I want to be able to save shortcuts to various existing google docs that I have within dropbox.  Sometimes I work with companies/people who only use Google and I prefer using Google sheets to Microsoft spreadsheets. 

I am up to speed with how a google doc shortcuts can be saved in a dropbox folder but the instructions I've found (see link) only relate to when first creating a google doc rather than saving shortcuts to existing google documents.   I have a lot  of google docs as I often work with companies/people who are both store and create within Google Drive.  I'd like to all docs in their relevant dropbox folders,  even if its just a link and it has to be stored on Google. 

My work around so far has been to create a new document as per dropbox instructions and then copy the google doc into the newly created spreadsheet but it's a faff! It takes about 3 steps instead of 1 and then you have to remember to delete the original.   

Does anyone know a way of saving a shortcut to an existing google doc in a dropbox folder without my faffy workaround?

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Lucy9996 - thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to the Community!

I'm not really aware of another way to do this, but have you considered using bookmarks instead of shortcuts?

Would that work for what you had in mind perhaps?

Let me know when you get the chance, and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?