cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can I open files in Excel, not Excel for the web or GSheets?

How can I open files in Excel, not Excel for the web or GSheets?

Grahame3
New member | Level 2

I have just downloaed Dropbox and uploaded some files but my Excel files wont open in Excel but some weird version Excel for the web, which is awful or Google sheets, neither are any use to me. How can I get them opened in plain Excel as I created them.

And why is there so little information on Dropbox, perhaps I was mistaken getting Dropbox, however it was recommended.

11 Replies 11

Grahame31
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Hannah, all comments are welcome. I don’t know what’s happened but I deleted Dropbox everywhere intending to look for an alternative, but it was suggested I download it again, create a new account and when I clicked on a file it said open with and Excel was an option. That wasn’t there before, so far it seems ok but…………….

Thanks for jumping in

Grahame

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the update here, Grahame!

I'm glad to see that you figured out a way to fix this and hopefully it will stay that way.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Have a great weekend!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?