cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Dropbox Dash Beta

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Files Search

Local Files Search

ArkOrrow
New member | Level 2

DASH will not perform LOCAL FILES SEARCH on my Windows 11 system.  And before I turn it loose on my various web accounts, I need to be sure it performs reasonably well on my LOCAL FILES.  But instead, when I tell it to search local files and enter a search word, DASH just tells me "No Accounts Connected."  This is a deal breaker.

Secondarily, when I tried to open a ticket about this, the ticket page would let me enter my comments/description, but when I clicked SUBMIT nothing would happen... no error message, no "ticket submitted" message, NOTHING. 

Sorry, not impressed yet.  A non-performing app in my case. 😞

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ArkOrrow
New member | Level 2

Ben, thanks for info, but I had done that already.

What I did try finally however was to add DROPBOX account info to the web/cloud accounts info, and now (since it has a cloud account to look at?) the LOCAL FILES SEARCH does work.  Seems a round about way to get something to work, but bottom line... I got it to work that way so I've been putting it through its paces.  Thanks again!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

modgers
New member | Level 2

This is the main feature im interested in too and trying to work it out.

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi @ArkOrrow and @modgers,

Have you enabled local searching in your Dash Desktop app? You can read about enabling local searching and adding additional folders here. I'll also include the steps below for good measure.

To perform local searches using Dropbox Dash, you must first enable local file searching:

1. Open the Dropbox Dash desktop app.
  2. Click the gear icon in the upper right.
  3. Check the box next to Search local files.

If this doesn't work for you, let me know and we can take it from there.

Regards,

Ben

ArkOrrow
New member | Level 2

Ben, thanks for info, but I had done that already.

What I did try finally however was to add DROPBOX account info to the web/cloud accounts info, and now (since it has a cloud account to look at?) the LOCAL FILES SEARCH does work.  Seems a round about way to get something to work, but bottom line... I got it to work that way so I've been putting it through its paces.  Thanks again!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ArkOrrow New member | Level 2
    BenDBX Community Manager
    modgers New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?