cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Drop box js sdk

Drop box js sdk

nevermindx
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

this.dbxAuth = new DropboxAuth({
clientId: dropboxConfig.clientId,
clientSecret: dropboxConfig.clientSecret,
})

i am stroing the refreshToken from 
const tokenResponse = await this.dbxAuth.getAccessTokenFromCode(
  dropboxConfig.redirectUri,
  code,
) this method .

const scopes = [
'account_info.read',
'file_requests.read',
'file_requests.write',
'files.content.write',
'files.metadata.read',
]

const dbx = new DropboxAuth({
refreshToken: refreshToken,
clientId: dropboxConfig.clientId,
clientSecret: dropboxConfig.clientSecret,
})

refreshedToken = await dbx.refreshAccessToken(scopes

but not able to refresh token . 
error: {
   error: 'invalid_request',
   error_description: 'No auth function available for given request'
 }
actually do we need to refresh ? it is so confusing. the docs also makes no sense to me.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@nevermindx wrote:
actually do we need to refresh ? ...

NO, actually you do not. The mentioned method gets executed internally whenever needed. Just init your Dropbox object with the instance of DropboxAuth, you already have (as discussed in the other thread), and... that's it - further do call methods there according what you need to do - Dropbox object' methods only. 😉

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@nevermindx wrote:

NO, actually you do not. The mentioned method gets executed internally whenever needed. Just init your Dropbox object with the instance of DropboxAuth, you already have (as discussed in the other thread), and... that's it - further do call methods there according what you need to do - Dropbox object' methods only. 😉

Hope this helps.

nevermindx
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you for the support🤝

Sorry if this seems like a basic question. Could you explain the situations in which we should use the refreshAccessToken() and checkAndRefreshToken() functions?

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@Здравко wrote:

@nevermindx wrote:

NO, actually you do not. The mentioned method gets executed internally whenever needed. ...

Hm... What's not clear enough. 🤔 The conclusions seems clear enough (at least to me), but I will say it explicitly: NEVER - you don't need to call either refreshAccessToken or checkAndRefreshAccessToken by your own. By the way refreshAccessToken is called by checkAndRefreshAccessToken and checkAndRefreshAccessToken is called by all request calls of Dropbox class.

Edit: Little extrapolation was here. Actually it's not called by all request calls. Calls that need application authentication don't make such a call (actually there is a call but result is ignored - little imperfection here) because... it's just not needed - there neither access token nor refresh token are in use. I'm saying this just for completeness.

Need more support?