cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Account Limit Reached for Dropbox" error, when trying to open an Excel file on my phone

"Account Limit Reached for Dropbox" error, when trying to open an Excel file on my phone

Redhotpaddy
Explorer | Level 3

Hi I am trying to open an excel spread sheet on my phone using Office 365 and the file is stored on Dropbox but it won't let me open it as I keep getting the error Account Limit Reached for Dropbox. I have one my phone signed into Dropbox and I only noticed this today.

23 Replies 23

Redhotpaddy
Explorer | Level 3
So all I can do is disable the Excel App deleting it on my phone is not possible unfortunately.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

In that case, have you tried clearing the app's cache and trying again @Redhotpaddy 

If you did and this persists, you might need to reach out to Microsoft directly for further assistance as the error comes from their app, not Dropbox. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Redhotpaddy
Explorer | Level 3
So I contacted Microsoft and they informed me it was an issue with the new Dropbox Update. I manged to uninstall the Excel App and reinstalled it and it seems to work now. I did notice when opening Excel and going to open a file Dropbox had disappeared and only OneDrive was showing. After the uninstall and reinstalling the Exel App Dropbox popped up again.

Redhotpaddy
Explorer | Level 3

So what i say when I clicked on open on the Excel App I saw the following:

Recent
Shared with me
OneDrive - Personal
This Device
Browse
Add a place

After reinstalling Excel I got the same but with the additiong of Dropbox:

Recent
Shared with me