cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to change whom alerts go to in regards to things like adding and deleting accounts?

Is there a way to change whom alerts go to in regards to things like adding and deleting accounts?

WirelessGuru
New member | Level 2

Hello,

Ideally we should have control that we can have certain types of alerts reach only certain folks depending on their job role in the organization.

For instance, currently our executive team from all departments receives notifications of folks being on-boarded and/or off-boarded. This leads to questions at times that are best handled by a certain role in the organization rather than a team email blast.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @WirelessGuru, I hope you're doing well!

If I understand your request correctly, it sounds like you're using a Business team and you'd like to know more in regards to the notifications when adding or removing members from the team, right? 

Would you like to describe in a tad more detail the notifications you're referring to, and if the departments you're talking about are admins in the team? 

How would you like for us to help, and bring into fruition these thoughts, and ideas? 

Let me know more!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

WirelessGuru
New member | Level 2

Hi Megan,

Here is a sample of the subject and text of a notification about a new member joining the organization.

Subject: "person@person.com joined the Person Dropbox."

Body: "person@person.com has successfully joined the Person Dropbox for teams team.
Now that they are team members, you can manage them in the admin console."

These type of notices should only go to account admins and not the organization.

How can I select my audience for updates to staff members and staff member access privileges?

Thanks,

Dan

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @WirelessGuru, thanks for the clarification.

There's currently no way to change who gets these notifications.

Since that's the case, I would suggest taking a look at Emma's tips here for posting an idea.

That way, you can make sure your idea is phrased correctly, so you can go ahead and post it for others to up-vote.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    WirelessGuru New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?