cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I removed all files 3.5 years back. Can I recover back?

I removed all files 3.5 years back. Can I recover back?

techworldzonne
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dear Folks, 

I have deleted all my files after some incident. Now I want all those files back. Any method to recover?
I deleted nearly March 2021.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

maher1982
Super User
Go to solution

Unfortunately, since you deleted the files in March 2021, it has been well over 30 or 180 days, so Dropbox's file recovery feature will likely no longer work in your case.

However, if you had Dropbox synced to your local device (computer, mobile, etc.), there's a small chance the files may still be recoverable using file recovery software from your local storage.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

maher1982
Super User
Go to solution

Unfortunately, since you deleted the files in March 2021, it has been well over 30 or 180 days, so Dropbox's file recovery feature will likely no longer work in your case.

However, if you had Dropbox synced to your local device (computer, mobile, etc.), there's a small chance the files may still be recoverable using file recovery software from your local storage.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

maher1982 Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?