cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Lost access to files

I'm missing many of my work files after being logged out of Dropbox.

Tourismgal
New member | Level 2

Yesterday (6/27/2024) I somehow got logged out of Dropbox.  

When I log back in.  80% of the files that I have,  have disappeared.  Dropbox displays a message that "that file does not exist"  

Where are they and how can I access them again?  

I suspect this has something to do with my sign in.  But, I'm not sure. 

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II

@Tourismgal wrote:

When I log back in.  80% of the files that I have,  have disappeared. ... I suspect this has something to do with my sign in.

Are you sure that you're signing back in with the correct account? Do you have another email address that you might have used to create a Dropbox account?

What does your Events page show? If there's no recent activity, you're most likely signed in to the wrong account.

Tourismgal
New member | Level 2

Scoured my page looking for "events"  Don't see one.  I did look at the link you sent.   I have a personal dropbox account though.  For purposes of this convo., I am signing into my work account which is the one that is not working at full capacity.  The files I see here are files only associated with work.  It's odd that only some show up but most do not.  Early on in my time at this job, I may have opted to use the Google option to sign in as a possible solution and that may have added to the confusion.  Bottom line:  I am signed into the work account with associated email and password and most files are gone.  Any insights are appreciated.   Thanks 

Mark
Super User II

You've not said what Events shows though - does it show the files being added or removed etc.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Tourismgal
New member | Level 2

Hey there - Yes, because I can't find "events" on the page.   Thanks 

Tourismgal
New member | Level 2

Screenshot 2024-06-28 133929.pngScreenshot 2024-06-28 133929.png

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hope it’s OK to jump in, @Tourismgal. What if you change the date on the right side of the page to 06/27/2024 instead? Do you see any other events then?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?