cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove photos from Dropbox & leave on PC.

How to remove photos from Dropbox & leave on PC.

Roofman
New member | Level 2

My photos are on Dropbox and my PC (via desktop app). If I delete a photo on Dropbox, it seems also to delete the photo on my PC.  Is there a way to leave photos on my PC and delete them from Dropbox (so I can reduce my storage)?  Any suggestions welcome.

1 Reply 1

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Roofman 

You say they are on your PC so by that I assume you mean they are inside of the Dropbox folder? If so drag those files out of that folder and into a new location - desktop for example. That will keep them locally but remove from Dropbox and thus free storage. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?