cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback and suggestions to improve organizing in Dropbox

Feedback and suggestions to improve organizing in Dropbox

YG4
New member | Level 2

Dear Dropbox Team,
I hope this message finds you well. I would like to share some feedback and suggestions that could further enhance the Dropbox experience.
1. Enhanced Organization: When organizing files and folders, the process of moving items could be more streamlined. A quicker and more intuitive way to move and organize files would greatly improve efficiency.
2. Improved Item Identification: It would be beneficial to have additional features that help identify items more accurately. Whether it's through enhanced tagging options or better visual cues, this would make file management easier and more intuitive.
3. Automation Options: When creating folders, adding more automation options could be incredibly helpful. This could include pre-set organizational templates or the ability to automatically sort files into specific folders based on criteria like file type or date.
4. YouTube Tutorials: I noticed that the Dropbox YouTube page could be better organized. The tutorials are not as easy to find as they could be, and more precise playlists would greatly improve the user experience. A well-structured tutorial section would help users quickly locate the information they need.
I hope these suggestions can be considered to make Dropbox an even better tool for its users.
Thank you for your time and attention.
Best regards,
Yanira Gutierrez

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @YG4, thanks for the feedback.

In order to help other users to vote on specific ideas, please could you keep a single idea per post? Could you create separate idea threads for ideas 2, 3 and 4?

If you have any further queries, feel free to message back.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

simonDBX
Dropbox Product Manager

Hey Yanira, thanks for sharing these ideas! We're actually exploring a few of them. 

Can you tell me more about where the current organization and moving experience falls short and what you would like to see there?

We currently also have an automations feature that you can access by navigating: setting gear wheel next to a folder name > select 'Organize' from the menu > Select 'Add automation'. This feature allows you to automate moving files into specific folders based on your requirements. Feel free to try it out and let me know if you have any feedback!

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey Yanira, did you get the chance to see simonDBX's response yet? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    simonDBX Dropbox Product Manager
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?