cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox account deleted

Dropbox account deleted

omerzafeer
Explorer | Level 3

I had a dropbox account since 2010 at least. I have been using it regularly. I just found out that my account has been deleted?? I was able to create a new account on the same email address. My account was part of a business account as well and I have lost access to all of my files both personal and business. I never received any email regarding this. The last email I got was just a regular update to shared folders on Nov 7th so this means it happened between 7.11.2023 and today 30.11.2023.
Also because I had to create a new account, my free storage has also been reduced and is now only 2gb.
How can I get access to my files back? my personal files.

11 Replies 11

omerzafeer
Explorer | Level 3
Thank you very much. I’ll update if it is a success.
Isn’t this a fatal flaw in dropbox’s design that an admin can just delete your account altogether instead of just removing you from the team? Doesn’t dropbox inform them that this action will delete the entire account and not just remove the member from the team?

omerzafeer
Explorer | Level 3

Also if it has been more than 7 days since deletion, can the admin still restore? Or then does it all just depend on the off chance of the admin having an offline copy of your files? Also why does an admin have access to team members’ private files?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

omerzafeer Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?