cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A team folder was moved to my personal folder within our work Dropbox and it now can't be moved

A team folder was moved to my personal folder within our work Dropbox and it now can't be moved

CharlieG
Explorer | Level 3

Hello 

We are using the Dropbox Advanced Plan. I was initially a "Team Member" when this issue occured overnight and got myself made into a "Team Admin" to try and solve it.

Issue:

• Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 12.04.44 pm.png A shared folder, which is essential for our operations with this kind of Icon, was somehow moved into my personal Dropbox folder within our organization's account.
  • As a "Team Member", I did not have admin privileges when the folder was moved.
  • Now, as a "Team Admin", I still do not have the necessary permissions to move this folder back to its original location or even manage it properly.
  • I have tried using the web interface, but the "Move" option does not appear for the folder.
  • Dragging the folder results in a "Destination Folder Access Denied" error.
  • I have verified my permissions and tried different browsers and devices without success.

I would love some  guidance on how to regain control over this folder and move it back to its original location. I thought getting myself made an admin may help, but maybe unsharing the folder from everyone and then resharing is the solution?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @CharlieG - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Instead of your homepage, have you tried moving this team folder via the Admin Console?  

If you did and still getting an error, please send us a screenshot so that we can have a visual too.

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

nada_dbx
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi @CharlieG - are you still seeing this problem? Can you take a look at the 'manage permissions' page for that folder and check if your team owns that folder, or is it maybe owned by another team?  

Hoping we can help sort this out for you!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

nada_dbx Dropbox Product Manager
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?