cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows quick search access to Dropbox files in the cloud

Windows quick search access to Dropbox files in the cloud

marcok
Explorer | Level 3

Hi so I´ve got a temporary laptop while my current one is being fixed. Loaded the DB app and told it to leave all my files in the cloud.
The app did but a Dropbox icon in Windows Explorer on my new laptops desktop (the folder icon on the taskbar) but when I click on it I don´t see my files, just a bunch of what looks like install files and cache.

I´d like to avoid having to download all my files to this new temp laptop for security reasons and also my DB is quite large.
I´d like to have access to the files from Windows Esdplorer  and also when working with MS Word and Excel to be able to retireve and save the
docs or spredsheets to the DB Cloud. There is a beta for adding DB to MS Word but you have to get an invite.

On-balance it would be ideal if I could somehow link to the DB files in the cloud via some kind of link or shortcut in Windows Explorer?

Thanks,

-Marc

11 Replies 11

marcok
Explorer | Level 3

Hi-sorry don´t understand- what "sample folder" are you speaking of?

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Any of the folders shown on your screenshot, Marc. A small one would do the trick to test things out. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    marcok Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?