cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about file name date_time format for Google Pixel/Google Backup/Google Photos/Dropbox users

Question about file name date_time format for Google Pixel/Google Backup/Google Photos/Dropbox users

murrayatuptown
New member | Level 2

Hello:

For the first time tonight I noticed MP4 videos recorded on a Google Pixel 4a, with correct network time, had newer date_time info in the PXL_20240926_hhmmsssss.mp4 file name structure, than the actual capture time.

I am pretty sure this happened via the process of backing up to Google Photos, and not the Dropbox upload process. I have to go look at my other file storage to confirm.

I record with three Android phones, two of which have no sim cards. The latter two I sometimes transfer from by USB cable. The no-sim-card phones were used for a concert earlier and all files had the exact correct time info. This is critical to identify them in sequence and to find different views of same real-time events.

So this is probably a Google Backup question for others you have hardware or experience similar to mine.

Renaming files with later date & time seems to have no benefit, so I'm trying to figure out how to prevent/avoid this. Renaming with different date_time file names based on whatever random order they were backed up in, is destructive. That may even explain some lost files.

I'm asking in this community because it's the end use where the problem was discovered. I am certain if I ask in Google, I will get utterly worthless & irrelevant AI garbage in response. Oops, I mean AoI...Absense of Intelligence.

Thanks for reading and your thoughts. 

Murray

0 Replies 0
Need more support?