cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Option to create QR Code is missing

Option to create QR Code is missing

support_rgh
Explorer | Level 4

Hello, 

A few weeks ago I created PNG photos with QR codes directly from the folders I wanted to share om dropbox.com. Today I tried to do the same and the option to create and download a QR code is gone...How can I fix it?

22 Replies 22

Mark
Super User II

@lstromness wrote:

Why? Will it be added back in the future? This was super helpful

Dropbox dont release roadmaps, and given its been removed I'd suggest it wont be 😞 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

gregzinser
Helpful | Level 5

Please bring back this option.  It was very useful and a critical component to my development of a music related board game.

Thanks

lstromness
New member | Level 2

Please make more careful consideration and add the QR codes back. Terrible decision. 

aprilm
Explorer | Level 4

This is unfortunate. Being able to create a QR directly from Dropbox is what incentivized me to move totally to Dropbox from Onedrive. Any chance this can be added in the future? Also, what about the QR codes already created, how long will they work for? - April

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @aprilm - thanks for your feedback on this.

When it comes to your concern, note that technically QR codes never expire per se, it's just a form of visualizing a URL, understandable by any QR reader.

However, the permissions for a QR code linking to Dropbox content are based on the sharing settings you choose when you generate the link for viewing, and it can make an impact if QR code let you see that content or not.

I hope this clears things up a tad! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

aprilm
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you! Can we create a petition to bring back QR codes? Ha! But seriously?

April

gregzinser
Helpful | Level 5

Happy to sign that petition........

Sanchez Homes
Helpful | Level 5
Hello Sam. Why would this feature be removed?

Sam DBX
Community Manager

Hi @Sanchez Homes ,

Unfortunately, I can't fully comment on our Product Team's decisions, but I can confirm that we've run the QR Codes on Web as an experiment. We are still monitoring feedback and passing it along internally, if anything changes, we'll update the Community!

Sam

Sanchez Homes
Helpful | Level 5
Thanks Sam. I hope the decision is to include that option. It is a valuable tool that keeps your clients on your platform.
Need more support?