cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to see the sync status of *other* online computers?

Is it possible to see the sync status of *other* online computers?

RagusLive
Explorer | Level 3

I have a single Dropbox account for my private use across several computers in several locations. I would like to know if it is possible to see the sync status of these other computers that I am logged in to.

My use case is that I do video and audio editing. I create sessions at my office that often include very large files, and then allow Dropbox to sync those folders/session to my other computers, where I can continue to work on them at my leisure.

So far my strategy has been to leave my office, arrive home, and then just give my office computer an hour or so to be sure that it is fully synced before I open the session on my home computer.

It would be a lot easier/faster/safer if I could just check to see if my office computer is done syncing before I try to open the session on my home computer.

If this is explicitly not possible that is fine, I just wasn't able to find any conclusive information about this specific question/use case.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II

@RagusLive wrote:

If this is explicitly not possible that is fine, I just wasn't able to find any conclusive information about this specific question/use case.

Thank you.

It isnt possible, no, sorry.

However, a potential workaround is to watch www.dropbox.com/events as this will show when the upload is complete for you 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Mark
Super User II

@RagusLive wrote:

Thank you.

It isnt possible, no, sorry.

However, a potential workaround is to watch www.dropbox.com/events as this will show when the upload is complete for you 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?