cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make my existing files online-only?

How can I make my existing files online-only?

apujols
New member | Level 2

I'm having some trouble making "Online Only" to work on already existing files. It seems that this feature only works for new files, as stated in the Dropbox help page:

"All future files and folders added directly in the root directory of your Dropbox will be online only. New files added in the root directory won’t take up storage space on your computer once they’ve been added. These conditions don’t apply retroactively to existing files or folders."

How do I alter the condition on my current files and folders so that they look "as new" to Dropbox?

Thanks for your reply!

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@apujols wrote:

I'm having some trouble making "Online Only" to work on already existing files. It seems that this feature only works for new files ... 

As indicated, that specific feature only applies to new files. To alter existing files and folders, simply right-click the file or folder and select Make online-only or Make available offline.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?