cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: how can I check which files and folders I have uploaded from my computer to Dropbox?

How can I check which files and folders I have uploaded from my computer to Dropbox?

Martin Simonovski
Helpful | Level 5

My Dropbox administrator has removed me from Dropbox, so how can I check which files and folders I have uploaded from my computer to Dropbox?

Specifically, the man I was working with on software development stole the system and all the ideas and concepts we had been working on for the last few years and ran away. Before he escaped, he removed my access to Dropbox. A few weeks before that I uploaded many files from my computer to Dropbox and I can't remember which. Therefore I need to find out if I can check locally which files and folders I have attached. If anyone can give me guidance or advice I would be grateful.

17 Replies 17

Mark
Super User II

If Events is empty one of two things has happened - you are actually using a brand new account and the one with the files on are different OR if all your files were in shares and you have been removed from them then the history wont exist.

If you have other devices connected to Dropbox and they are still working do they show anything?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Martin Simonovski
Helpful | Level 5

I was attempting to log in, but I was unsuccessful.

Mark
Super User II

@Martin Simonovski wrote:

I was attempting to log in, but I was unsuccessful.

What do you mean? What was the error etc.?

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Martin Simonovski
Helpful | Level 5

The other machine that I was using is old, slow, and also unable to log in to the Dropbox account.

Mark
Super User II

The other machine that I was using is old, slow, and also unable to log in to the Dropbox account.

But again, why cannot it not log on? Please remember we cannot see whats happening here so need you to describe it. I'm also not an employee so have no access to anything other than what you are saying.

Martin Simonovski
Helpful | Level 5

Sign-in failed. It says that the code I should enter from my email is invalid, even though I'm entering the same code!

Martin Simonovski
Helpful | Level 5

I access the folder from other devices and find that it's empty. The files and folders have been removed from the shared folder before the person left the folder!

Mark
Super User II

I access the folder from other devices and find that it's empty. The files and folders have been removed from the shared folder before the person left the folder!

It sounds like then they are unrecoverable - at least via Dropbox. If they permanently deleted the files (which they could do as Admin) then they remove and are unrecoverable for everybody. So if they took a copy to a different directory and wiped the share you'd all loose copies but they'd have one. 

Need more support?