cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!! Please explain members

HELP!! Please explain members

alithepole
Explorer | Level 3

HELP. I have business dropbox account and if I want anyone to work with me on a combined long term project I have to pay £20+ for each member to upload files to the shared folder. I currently have three members and 12TB of storage!!! I want to work with another person so that would be another £20+ per month. Why do I have to keep paying extra for members when i have enough storage and how do i share a folder so it allows people to add unlimited amounts of data to the folder. I can easily share a folder with anyone but dropbox doesn't allow for them to interact and store data. I might have misunderstood how DB works (I do find it complicated) but any enlightenment would be gratefully received. Basically do I have to pay for someone to become a member who can add their own large  files to dropbox shared folder. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@alithepole wrote:

Why do I have to keep paying extra for members when i have enough storage and how do i share a folder so it allows people to add unlimited amounts of data to the folder.

Business accounts are charged per user license. If you wish to add another user to your team, you need an available license. Members of your team have access to the full storage available on the team account.

You can share with people external to your team, without additional charge, but they will be limited to the amount of space available in their own account.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@alithepole wrote:

Why do I have to keep paying extra for members when i have enough storage and how do i share a folder so it allows people to add unlimited amounts of data to the folder.

Business accounts are charged per user license. If you wish to add another user to your team, you need an available license. Members of your team have access to the full storage available on the team account.

You can share with people external to your team, without additional charge, but they will be limited to the amount of space available in their own account.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?