cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox webaccess not seeing all the files i see in my home pc app folder

Dropbox webaccess not seeing all the files i see in my home pc app folder

mm-nyc
Helpful | Level 5

hi and thank you, 

i use dropbox on my home pc, i have the app installed so i see dropbox as a folder in explorer.
however, when i goto the office, grab a laptop and login to dropbox.com, i dont see all the files in the subfolder? ?

i tried from two diffeent system, logging in to dropbox using edge, and going to the folder, and theres only a handful of files showing?

thoughts?
m

8 Replies 8

Rich
Super User II

@mm-nyc wrote:

however, when i goto the office, grab a laptop and login to dropbox.com, i dont see all the files in the subfolder? ?

Are you signing in to the same account both in the app at home, and in the browser at work? Make sure you're using the same email address when signing in. Also, make sure the Dropbox app is running on your home computer. If it's not running or experiencing a problem, your files won't sync. If it's running, you'll see a Dropbox icon in your system tray (near the clock). Hover your cursor over this icon to check its status.

mm-nyc
Helpful | Level 5

than kyou, yes, same login acvcount as i only have me as the account holder/user.

the home pc, in the windows explorer, in the dropbox folder i see all the files... but if i login to the web dropbox, i dont see them all, even if i login to the dropbox.com on the same pc! but yet, in the explorer folder/subfolder i see all the files.

m

mm-nyc
Helpful | Level 5

also, as far as syncing... these are dropbox 'only' folders, that i have on the dropbox...  i do have a few local pc folder that are 'backed up/sync'd to the dropbox... but its that dropbox only folder that i dont see all the files.

m

mm-nyc
Helpful | Level 5

AND, althought the file explorer dropbox folder works fine on my home pc,, i dont even see the app running in the lower right corner of apps running?

i just re-installed it, same thing?

on my cell phone, dropbox, i do see all the fildes in the subfolder in dropbox? weird..

Rich
Super User II

@mm-nyc wrote:

AND, althought the file explorer dropbox folder works fine on my home pc,, i dont even see the app running in the lower right corner of apps running?

The Dropbox folder on your computer is just a folder like any other. It doesn't do anything special. It's the application that is responsible for syncing. If you're not seeing the application in your system tray, then it's not running and Dropbox won't be able to sync.

Try launching the Dropbox application from your Start menu. If that doesn't work or you can't find the app on your Start menu, I'd reinstall. It would be a good idea to make a backup copy of any files or folders that you're not seeing on the Dropbox website, before you reinstall, just in case.

mm-nyc
Helpful | Level 5

the dropbox app is indeed running and its states its 'up to date', when i place files in the ddrop box, i can see them from other system while only using the web login interface.. BUT certain folder wont let me see all the files, only a few while on the wb browser version, confusing. and my cell phone sees all the files in all the folders?
 i only use 1 user login account.
is there a way to sync on demand specific folders?

m

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @mm-nyc, can you send us a screenshot of your Dropbox folder on the device, that states it's up to date, and one of what you see when you go online, since you mentioned that some files are missing there?

It'll help us get the visual of this. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

AndreinaI
New member | Level 2

@mm-nyc wrote:

hi and thank you, 

i use dropbox on my home pc, i have the app installed so i see dropbox as a folder in explorer.

i tried from two diffeent system, logging in to dropbox using edge, and going to the folder, and theres only a handful of files showing?

thoughts?
m

Only other option I do not see mentioned in the comments is to check and see if you have enough memory on your dropbox account that may not allow additional synching. It should show some kind of lack of memory space notification (so you upgrade the account)... thought I would mention just in case. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

AndreinaI New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    mm-nyc Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?