cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox 197.4.7571 not syncing on Mac

Dropbox 197.4.7571 not syncing on Mac

Fra95
Helpful | Level 5

Hi everyone,

I'm currently experiencing issues with the syncing procedure in my Dropbox app on my Mac. I used the selective sync tool to remove some folders from my hard disk in order to free up space. However, after making these selections, the sync procedure stopped working. Currently, it seems to be attempting to sync over 800k files, despite my selection in selective sync being much smaller (I only selected one folder of 250MB). I've already tried several troubleshooting steps, including uninstalling and reinstalling Dropbox, clearing the Dropbox cache (as suggested to me by the Dropbox support), and simply restarting Dropbox, but unfortunately, the issue persists.

Do any of you have suggestions or advice on how to resolve this? I'm subscribed to Dropbox Plus, and I have more than 700GB of available space on my hard disk, as well as over 1TB on Dropbox, so I don't believe this is a memory issue.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 12.45.11.png

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 12.45.08.png

 

 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Fra95
Helpful | Level 5

Hi @Walter,

I unlinked my device to Dropbox and reinstalled everything. Now it seems to sync and work again. I will let you know in case further problems will arise.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Fra95 - sorry to hear about this.

Can you please clarify if the app is still stuck at the same number of files or if it's moving at all?

Also, have you tried adjusting your bandwidth settings through the app's preferences perhaps?

As for your support interaction, you can share your ticket ID with us here so that we can look it up in our system too, if needed.

Keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Fra95
Helpful | Level 5

Hi @Walter,

I unlinked my device to Dropbox and reinstalled everything. Now it seems to sync and work again. I will let you know in case further problems will arise.

Thanks

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Glad to hear it's sorted now @Fra95 

See you around the Community and have a lovely week ahead!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Fra95 Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?