cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous sync to an external drive

Continuous sync to an external drive

pasteve99
Explorer | Level 4

I have looked online, within this community, and asked several friends, but I cannot seem to find the correct answer.

My DROPBOX files are all online. My Dropbox folder on my computer is under c:\user\username\dropbox. I do not want to move this to an external drive. 

I would like to set up a schedule where DROPBOX, or an add-on program, will look at my online DROPBOX files and keep them in sync with a folder I create on an external drive on my computer. I will always save my files to the online DROPBOX, but when this happens, I would like a copy sent to the local external drive.

Can someone assist?

Thank you

Steven

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@pasteve99 wrote:

I would like to set up a schedule where DROPBOX, or an add-on program, will look at my online DROPBOX files and keep them in sync with a folder I create on an external drive ...

Dropbox doesn't do that. It can backup your external drive to your Dropbox account, but it doesn't work the other way.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@pasteve99 wrote:

I would like to set up a schedule where DROPBOX, or an add-on program, will look at my online DROPBOX files and keep them in sync with a folder I create on an external drive ...

Dropbox doesn't do that. It can backup your external drive to your Dropbox account, but it doesn't work the other way.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?