cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Folder shows a blue checkmark that is not solid like my other folders

A folder shows a green checkmark that's not the same as the ones on my other folders

pasteve99
Explorer | Level 4

I dragged a folder into my DROPBOX folders. This one shows up with a blue checkmark but is not solid. Is it backed up? I do not see any options that are helping me. See the image below

Drop.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@pasteve99 wrote:

I just logged into dropbox.com and checked and it is backed up. So does the lack of a solid green check mark not really matter?

It means the file was likely marked as Online-only and was later opened, which would download the file back to your computer and mark it as Available.

b79a03dcc86f8e85aca64fe16078e673.png

If you want the file to always be available locally, right-click on it and select Make available offline. It will change to solid green with a check mark.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@pasteve99 wrote:

This one shows up with a blue checkmark but is not solid. Is it backed up?

pasteve99
Explorer | Level 4

I just logged into dropbox.com and checked and it is backed up. So does the lack of a solid green check mark not really matter? Thanks Steve

Rich
Super User II

@pasteve99 wrote:

I just logged into dropbox.com and checked and it is backed up. So does the lack of a solid green check mark not really matter?

It means the file was likely marked as Online-only and was later opened, which would download the file back to your computer and mark it as Available.

b79a03dcc86f8e85aca64fe16078e673.png

If you want the file to always be available locally, right-click on it and select Make available offline. It will change to solid green with a check mark.

pasteve99
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you Rich!

Need more support?