cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you like about using Dropbox on Desktop?

What do you like about using Dropbox on Desktop?

maria_h
Dropbox Staff

I'm curious - what prompted you to download Dropbox on Desktop? What is the reason for working on desktop versus going to Dropbox on web? Do you use both? Also for those that use Web - for what reason do you not have Dropbox installed on your desktop? Would love to hear everyone's input on this! 

25 Replies 25

Grahame31
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Walter, no it affects both,  but as I said earlier this is new, a few weeks ago I could work on a spreadsheet close it and a few seconds later the I pad version was updated and both used arms excel

Grahame31
Explorer | Level 4

Not sure a web browser? I open Dropbox and open a file so I’m not using Edge if that’s what you mean.

Grahame31
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Walter, it’s almost midnight here so I’m off to my bed, can we carry on tomorrow please

onewil
Collaborator | Level 8

I love the Finder integration. Dropbox keeps everything in sync and backed up, but it's all just living in my Mac's Finder, so I don't need to learn a new interface for copying, pasting, opening, etc, and the search on my Mac finds anything. This has always been the best part of Dropbox (it's just a folder) and I really love the simplicity and integration. 

I also appreciate the robust iOS app and web app, because I need my files at random times in random places, and that's what makes Dropbox compelling. On the Mac though it's the invisible (seamless) nature of the Finder integration that sells it. I love Dropbox, and it's much better than Google Drive, iCloud Drive, Onedrive, Box, etc, none of which sync as clearly, quickly, and seamlessly with the Finder. 

avavolkov2000
Helpful | Level 5
  • Offline Access: Users can access their files and folders even without an internet connection by installing Dropbox on their desktop. As a result, they can work offline and sync when they re-connect to the internet.
  • Flawless interaction: Users can quickly drag and drop files, sync changes in real-time, and use well-known file management tools thanks to the desktop application's flawless interaction with the operating system.
  • Automatic Syncing: The Dropbox desktop programme syncs files between the local computer and the cloud automatically, making sure that the most recent version is always accessible on all devices.

FNKDREAMBOX
Explorer | Level 4

Absolutely nothing, it's just what I used in the past and migration to a competitor isn't top of my list, although maybe it should be

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

FNKDREAMBOX Explorer | Level 4
    avavolkov2000 Helpful | Level 5
    onewil Collaborator | Level 8
    Grahame31 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?