cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing broken computer from Dropbox

Removing broken computer from Dropbox

gdlemail
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I returned from vacation to find my 9-year old desktop had developed a problem, and will not boot, it powers down. Rather than try to fix old technology, I have a new computer. I have a basic subscription, so I get 2 computers accessing Dropbox. 

Since I cannot log out of Dropbox on my broken desktop, how do I delete it from Dropbox's memory so I can use my new computer to access Dropbox?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @gdlemail,

Take a look here. Scroll down to devices section if not already there. You can see all devices linked to your account. Unwanted device can be unlined by selecting the trash bin next to the corresponding device. 😉

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@gdlemail wrote:

Since I cannot log out of Dropbox on my broken desktop, how do I delete it from Dropbox's memory so I can use my new computer to access Dropbox?

You can review and manage the devices linked to your account on your Security page.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @gdlemail,

Take a look here. Scroll down to devices section if not already there. You can see all devices linked to your account. Unwanted device can be unlined by selecting the trash bin next to the corresponding device. 😉

Hope this helps.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?