cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main PC not syncing nor showing DB icon

Main PC not syncing nor showing DB icon

Nostall
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Not sure this is the right category.  This morning, 6/17/23 I went onto my PC and saw that the usual blue dropbox icon was not displayed on my desktop (Windows 10 22H2, build 19045.3086, updated earlier this week), and that none of my folders were updating or syncing.  I added a new item to my PC's DB folder and it did NOT show up on my iPhone, but did sync to the main DB account (?cloud?). Using my iphone I created another item and it likewise synced. to the main DB folder but Not to my main PC.   Somewhere in there I went to the help page on DB and reinstalled DB, nothing changed. I am hesitant to uninstall DropBox for fear of losing all my files and info.

I have tried several 'restarts' and 'shut down and turn on' and nothing changed.

I have been using Drop Box for many years and this is a first for me -- DB has worked perfectly until now.

Any help appreciated, and if this is the wrong category please advise or send my request to the appropriate one.

Thanks.

PS. Forgot to add this, might be important: I do Not want Drop Box to load when starting my PC, prefer to launch it from the desktop - for security reasons.

UPDATE!😁  Problem appears to be solved: After several hours and 2 shutdowns/starts, and 3 restarts over that time, the icon finally showed up in my "Start Menu" and I can now start DB from the desktop.  I have no idea what happened to change the problem from this afternoon when I last worked on it as I didn't do anymore troubleshooting.     Everyone, have a great Sunday and Fathers' Day.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

keithgo1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've had a similar situation but running DB on my Mac with Monterey OS. I've had to reinstall the app a few times to get it to launch. It will not launch at startup since a few days ago (6/15). 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

keithgo1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've had a similar situation but running DB on my Mac with Monterey OS. I've had to reinstall the app a few times to get it to launch. It will not launch at startup since a few days ago (6/15). 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

keithgo1 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?