cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Selective Sync - blue folders

I can't use the selective sync feature due to an error

soloelsie
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello

I am trying to conduct Selective Sync and unable to do so.

I tried both methods - (1) from the preferences>sync - it won't let me choose folders.

(2) When I right click on my blue folders, it won't give me the smart/selective sync option.

Please help!

Thanks

Liz

21 Replies 21

Razvan
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Since selective sync works on your work computer, but not on your home one, it appears the issue can be isolated to your home computer. Sometimes third party software (like security software) can route your computer’s traffic through a software proxy, in order to analyze it, which could explain this behaviour. Here are the steps to check if a proxy is in place:

1. On your Mac, go to System Preferences then go to Network. The network settings window will appear.
2. If you are connected to your home network via Wi-Fi, select Wi-Fi from the list on the left, then click the Advanced... button on the right.
3. In the window that appears, click the Proxies tab from the top part of the window.
4. On the Proxies tab, in the list of protocols displayed under the "Select a protocol to configure" heading, see if any of them have a checkmark next to them.
6. If any of the protocols are checked, try unchecking them, then quit Dropbox app from the menu icon, wait for it to stop, start it again and see if the selective sync settings still show that error message.

Hope this helps,
Razvan

soloelsie
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello! 

I have reformatted my laptop and reinstalled Dropbox. The problem was connected to the device. Thank you again for your support!

Elizabeth

Need more support?