cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox won't install on new Mac Studio M2 Ultra

Dropbox won't install on new Mac Studio M2 Ultra

Newyawksue
Explorer | Level 3

I'm on Ventura 13.5.1 and just Apple just moved everything over from my Macbook Pro where Dropbox was working fine. I've tried using the latest stable download and nothing works. VPNs off, potential conflicting programs quit, user permission read/write (including enclosing folder). The error file (which I don't understand) mentions "bn. is frozen: True", "trace.__file__: ~~~~ boot_error.pyc'", " line 103, in unobfuscate" as are other lines, error "invalid padding bytes" and then in other exceptions, same plus "permissionerror: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ~~~~ hostkeys'".

Any of that make sense? I have no clue what else to do.

15 Replies 15

Mark
Super User II

Have you tried an Advanced Reinstall? https://help.dropbox.com/installs/advanced-reinstall

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Newyawksue
Explorer | Level 3

No, that assumes I already had it installed at one point. This is a fresh install on a new Mac. I did just quit everything though, made sure Ventura was up to date and restarted. Still can't install. Same exact issues. I'm going to download everything off the web for now just so I have my files. Thank goodness I got the 8TB hard drive option.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Newyawksue, let's jump right into this! 

Would you be able to send me the entire error log you've obtained on your end, after clicking on the blue hyperlink? 

Keep me posted! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Newyawksue
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, happy to; thank you. BTW, can you tell me how to grab that link from the popup? couldn't copy it ... had to type it out.

/var/folders/2s/td7zkghj61z5wcjw4zq3cqd80000gn/T/dropbox_erroro9pj4maf.txt 

Rich
Super User II

@Newyawksue wrote:

/var/folders/2s/td7zkghj61z5wcjw4zq3cqd80000gn/T/dropbox_erroro9pj4maf.txt 

That's the link to the log file; not the contents. Megan is asking for the contents of the error log. You need to open that file and copy and paste the contents to a new reply here. Be sure to mask any personal information in the log, if any.

EvanDBX
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Newyawksue, thanks for the follow up!

Can you please click the blue hyperlink that you see in your error message and then take a screenshot of the window that comes up next and attach it here?

Make sure to also hide any personal information before attaching it.

Keep me updated!

Evan
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Newyawksue
Explorer | Level 3

My bad ... I was thinking that was a hyperlink. Here it is ... I crossed out the machine ID and my username. I have no idea if that is sensitive info or not.

@Megan @Rich @EvanDBX 

dropbox error file.jpg

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for that screenshot, @Newyawksue.

If you do a ctrl+F and search for 'users' in the log, are you getting two different names in the results?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Newyawksue
Explorer | Level 3

No, it's just one user. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Newyawksue Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?