cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox icon not showing in Finder Sidebar or User Home Folder of Macbook

Dropbox icon not showing in Finder Sidebar or User Home Folder of Macbook

rkapostins
New member | Level 2

Dropbox icon not showing in Finder Sidebar or User Home Folder of Apple Macbook. These icons disappeared and not sure when or why that occurred.

The Dropbox icon is showing in the top menu bar on the right.

I have checked to make sure full disk access is allowed.

I have reinstalled the application and restarted it (which happens automatically after reinstallation).

MacOs version is Ventura 13.4.1.

Dropbox version is 178.4.4811.

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @rkapostins, thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to our Community.

It sounds like you may have been updated to the new desktop app for Mac OS. In that case, you can take a look here for more information about the expected changes and here for the new syncing icons. 

Let me know if this helps! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

rkapostins
New member | Level 2

Walter,

I read both of the links that you provided and it would seem that this updated in fact did happen based on the new icons and not all of the files being available off-line. Not sure why this update occurred but that is another issue.

In reading the expected changes, I did find this item which is unfortunate: "Displaying Dropbox in the Finder toolbar isn’t supported by Dropbox for macOS on File Provider." And the expected changes did not seem to mention anything about the Dropbox icon not showing in User Home Folder. While the first change in functionality reduces the ease to which one can navigate, the second has the issue to then not have files in Dropbox be copied to backup drives for backups or be backed up in Time Machine (which is a bigger issue of functionality).

Is there a way to downgrade to a previous version of Dropbox? This loss of functionality is problematic and the things "fixed" are not as important.

Please let me know. thanks...

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi from me too, @rkapostins

I'm afraid it's not possible to revert back to the previous version of the Dropbox app, as the updated Dropbox for macOS on File Provider experience was developed to adhere to the requirement as set out by Apple and to ensure the best possible experience for our Mac users long into the future.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    rkapostins New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?