cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't Open Dropbox on Macbook Pro OS 14.5

Can't open the Dropbox app on Macbook Pro OS 14.5. When I click, it does nothing.

joshuaelectric
Explorer | Level 4

Hello, after a recent repair on my macbook pro - my Dropbox Desktop App was gone, so reinstalled it and when i click on it does nothing. Doesn't open, and the Sync option is gone and it disappeared from my side-bar.  thanks for your assistance!

33 Replies 33

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @ken_804, I've sent you an email, please could you reply to it when you get a chance!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

joshuaelectric
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks @Jay , i thought this was contacting dropbox directly. Can you please let me know how to do that?  thanks - Joshua

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey again, Joshua! You can see all support options, according to your plan, at this page.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ken_804
Explorer | Level 3

So I started off with the case of the disappearing black Dropbox icon from my Sonoma 14.5 menu bar.  Then I was told to do an advanced reinstall.  That didn't work.  Then I was told to create a new profile on my MacBook Pro (which I reluctantly did) and download Dropbox and transfer a few test files over to the new profile.  If the black icon appeared, I was told it must be some sort of misconfiguration on the original profile and was beyond the scope of Dropbox support.  Fine.  So I was I told to just use the new profile from here on in.  Guess what?  The black icon has now disappeared from the new profile.  This is not a Dropbox problem?  Give me a break.  Dropbox has a Sonoma 14.5 compatility problem.

Need more support?