cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The download button on the website doesn't work

The download button on the website doesn't work

carhogg
Helpful | Level 5

Hi,

When I click this button to download files, nothing happens. How can I confidently make a backup on my hard drive of all files I have on dropbox?

Thanks,

Charlie

carhogg_0-1706320279405.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

carhogg
Helpful | Level 5

This fixed the problem. I think the limit of 10,000 files or 20 GB was limiting it.  It is not good that no message of explanation came up. More importantly, downloading everything to a hard drive should be a simple single click.

I was planning to drop dropbox, and I think this lack of functionality that seems obvious to me is making that more likely. I don't feel confident that I can get all my files out reliably.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @carhogg - sorry to hear about this.

Could you try clearing your browser's cache or using another browser and let us know how it goes?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Rich
Super User II

@carhogg wrote:

When I click this button to download files, nothing happens. How can I confidently make a backup on my hard drive of all files I have on dropbox?

Select fewer files/folders and try again.

joecill
New member | Level 2

Hi there, I'm experiencing the same issue. Clicking the download button doesn't seem to initiate any action. It's crucial for me to make a backup of all my files on Dropbox. If anyone has a solution or workaround for this problem I would greatly appreciate your assistance. Thanks in advance!

carhogg
Helpful | Level 5

This fixed the problem. I think the limit of 10,000 files or 20 GB was limiting it.  It is not good that no message of explanation came up. More importantly, downloading everything to a hard drive should be a simple single click.

I was planning to drop dropbox, and I think this lack of functionality that seems obvious to me is making that more likely. I don't feel confident that I can get all my files out reliably.

mncraftmod
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

@joecill wrote:

Hi there, I'm experiencing the same issue. Clicking the download button doesn't seem to initiate any action. It's crucial for me to make a backup of all my files on  Dropbox. If anyone has a solution or workaround for this problem I would greatly appreciate your assistance. Thanks in advance!

I am also facing this issue. Please provide assistance

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @mncraftmod.

Can you give us some more info as to why you can't download them?

Are you getting any error messages? How large are the files you're trying to download?

Any additional details, would be really helpful.

Let me know more!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    mncraftmod New member | Level 2
    carhogg Helpful | Level 5
    joecill New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?