cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Available offline not working

How many years until Dropbox will fix offline files being unaccessible

mcganty
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I see via Google that many people continue to share having this problem. When I update my offline files, they're usable for about 24 hours and then they are no longer accessible. So for example, if you go camping for the weekend, and have some file you'd like to access, you're out of luck. This problem has been reported by many people for at least two years (confirm on Google if you doubt this).

47 Replies 47

Danilo O.1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Many thanks for your feedback. I have found two workarounds: The first is to put the device in airplane mode (offline), sometimes works and the other is to navigate with an external file browser to Android/data/com.dropbox.android/files where you can find a folder named scratch or a folder with a strange name that contains a folder named scratch. here you will find all the offline files and others... (that paths works on Android devices, ça va sans dire)

SteveFT
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yep. Above works, but one would wonder why it is so easy to get into the scratch folder....so much for securing your files Dropbox - anyone who steals your phone can access this folder and the offline files - poor design.

JonBasa
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Still no reply from Dropbox on this issue...someone needs to address this issue as it is very annoying and stupid.

JonBasa
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
You did not understand the question..."available offline" should mean files downloaded and made available offline should be accessed when we are not on Wi-Fi or cellular data connection! It's stupid to put and "available offline" feature but is not accessible when we go offline.

An intelligent reply, better yet, a solution would be appreciated.

Tonette L.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
HELLO! SOMEONE
please address available offline not working!!

SPPD
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have been experiencing this same problem for quite a while now. Has anyone figured out why offline files cannot be accessed by Dropbox when the Android device is offline? Accessing the files via a file manager works, but it is very inconvenient.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Got to be honest I've never seen it reported here I'm afraid. Certainly not with a 24 hour 'cut off' period.

May I suggest logging a ticket with support for them to look at and possibly include some links from others having issues. You'll need to be more specific though (OS/Dropbox version etc. as a minimum)

http://bit.ly/cm-support to report
http://dropbox.zendesk.com to track

Note that replies will take at least a few days, longer for free users.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

mcganty
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Support ticket submitted. Android/app v48.2.2

mcganty
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Examples of other people having this problem...

Need more support?